Implants Act like Your Natural Teeth
Single tooth replacement can be accomplished with a single dental implant, allowing for an authentic look. The post of the implant mimics the root of your tooth while the dental crown looks and functions just like your natural tooth, requiring no additional maintenance.
If you have one or more missing teeth, there are a lot of reconstruction and replacement options that may be overwhelming. Some are more traditional options such as dentures, bridges, or combinations of both. With modern improvements, there are now dental implants offering metal- and mercury- free dental care solutions. Dr. Glenn Sperbeck may recommend dental implants to many of his patients with missing teeth. He can provide you with more information about this tooth replacement option during your consultation.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Benefits of Dental Implants in Westchester Include
Some of the key cosmetic benefits of dental implants include:
- Improves the quality of your smile
- Fills any gaps in your smile
- Boost self-confidence and increases self-esteem
- Creates an even and uniform smile
- Preserves facial structure
- Stimulates the jaw bone to prevent deterioration that could impact the facial structure
What to Expect with Dental Implants
Dental implants offer the most comfortable and natural looking complement to your natural teeth. They are designed to look and function like your natural teeth and can be a great option for patients with diabetes, cancer and heart disease. They can be a valuable part of a metal-free dental care plan. Dr. Sperbeck will ask about any prior existing medical conditions or health problems during your consultation. He will also need to know about your smoking habits, as smoking can impede the success of the implants and also have a negative impact on your overall dental health.
Some patients question whether the implant procedure works around previous dental work. The good news is that dental implants do work and can even reinforce existing work such as dental bridges and dentures. This means that even if you previously had dentures or have lost some bone tissue, dental implants can still be a viable option for you.
- Pocket Depth Reduction - a gum doctor will fold back the affected gum tissue to remove the harmful bacteria from the pockets and then secure the gum tissue in place over the tooth root
- Regeneration - after a pocket depth reduction procedure, the doctor can use a regenerative material such as a membrane, graft tissue, or tissue-stimulating protein to promote natural bone and tissue regeneration in the affected area
- Soft Tissue Graft - grafting procedures involve applying tissue grafts from the mouth or a donor graft to the affected area to encourage gum tissue regeneration
Meet Glenn Sperbeck, D.D.S.
Westchester Dental Impants Dentist
Glenn Sperbeck, D.D.S., has an undergraduate degree in Biology from UCLA and graduated with honors from USC Dental School in 1982. Upon graduation from dental school, he established a private general practice in Westchester, California, with a focus on cosmetic restorative dentistry and the treatment of Temporo-Mandibular Joint (TMJ) disorders.
Dr. Sperbeck is enthusiastic about continuing education and advanced dental training in quest of knowledge to provide the finest care, skill, and judgment that modern dentistry has to offer:
- Member, American Dental Association
- Member, Academy of General Dentistry
- Member, American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Member, Doctors for Oral Conscious Sedation (DOCS)
- Member, International Academy of Oral Medicine & Toxicology (IAOMT)
- Member, Orognathic Bioesthetic Institute
- Member, Pankey Alumni Association Constituent, Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Active participant in dental study groups that consist of dentists who are dedicated to a life-long pursuit of education and dental excellence.
Balancing his commitment to dentistry, Dr. Sperbeck thoroughly enjoys time with his family, reading (suspense) novels, fly fishing blue ribbon trout streams, and setting up camp before hiking the next picturesque mountain trail with camera in hand!
Request an Appointment
Send us an e-mail and we will contact you shortly!
6206 West 87th Street
Westchester, CA 90045
Give us a Call